A cottage ideally situated in the luxurious and tranquil part of the Island. The one bed-bedroom ocean front cottage is located directly on the beach and boasts a spacious and elegantly designed bedroom, spa like bathroom and a wood decked covered terrace complete with furnishings. An ideal place for relaxation.
Whilst there you can admire the works of the world - remowned interior designer Barbara Hulanicki and artisrty of architect William Tagland of Tagland International.
Bedrooms and Interior
Spacious Colonial Style Bedroom Features:
- King Size double bed with memory foam mattress.
- Luxurious bed linens.
- Custom made headboard, night stand, book shelves and lighting.
- Walnut wooden floors with rugs.
- Reading chair and decorative window drapes.
- 32-inch flat screen LCD TV with built-in DVD Bose iPod docking station.
- Large spa-like walk in shower with designer porcelain tiles and bench to sit on.
- A large designer mirror along with track lighting and make up mirrors.
- Natural wooden cabinets, walk in closet and Corian countertops.
- Luxury products available from L'Occitane, hair dryer and cotton guest robes.
- Refrigerator, coffee maker and facilities for making tea.
- Spacious covered terrace with decked wooden flooring.
- Designer patio furnishings - table, chairs, loungers and day beds.
- Outdoor Rain shower.
- Path leading directly to the beach.
*Please note, locations shown on the maps are approximations only
Harbour Island was ranked ‘The Best Island in the Caribbean’ by Travel and Leisure magazine in 2005, and in its 10th annual poll, readers of the elite travel magazine rated Harbour Island number one among the islands of the Caribbean, Bahamas and Bermuda on its world’s best cities and islands list. It had also been rating as having the ‘Best Bahamas Beaches’ by the likes of Fodors, Frommers and The Travel Channel.
Harbour Island or ‘Briland’ as it’s known by the locals is famous for its three and a half miles of picture perfect pink sand beaches. The gloriously warm and clear ocean waters provide excellent diving, fishing and boating opportunities whilst outlying reefs also provide safe areas for swimming and snorkelling. The locals are extremely friendly and due to the size and exclusivity of this island it is very easy to navigate – the transportation of choice is Golf cart’s; making touring the island both fun and relaxing.
If you are on holiday searching for some of the best restaurants the Caribbean has to offer then Harbour Island is the island for you. Choices are plentiful and menus range from fine cuisine at the Rock House and the Garden Terrace at Pink Sands to delicious local fare at Ma Ruby’s.
The weather on Harbour Island is exceptional, average temperatures are in the mid 70’s and 80’s and rare lows may stoop to the mid 60’s! Soothing ocean trade winds will keep you comfortable during the day and at night and monthly rainfall during peak season is less than 4 inches per month.
Geographically, Harbour Island is approximately 3.5 miles long by 1.5 miles wide. It was once the capital of the Bahamas and the second largest city to Nassau in the 1900s; the current population is estimated to be between 1,500 and 2,000.
Harbour Island is also situated only 10 minutes from mainland Eleuthera; once world famous for its pineapples, this historical wonderland still has acres of rolling hill plantations, whilst its edges are is fringed with sublime pink and white sand beaches – perfect for a mini excursion or a day out!
Harbour Island is utterly enchanting, the pink-hued sand beaches and rows of century old trees, bordering flower-lined streets are sights not to be missed. The island offers an attractive range of amenities for all ages and has all the ingredients needed for the vacation of a lifetime!
‘Islands don’t get much more glam than this celeb-dripping, boutique-hotel lined, coral edged hideaway in the Bahamas. Harbour Island does a good line in upscale Caribbean chic. The island’s main town, Dunmore, also boasts photogenic pastel-painted cottages and white picket fences. Still need convincing? How about the fact that you arrive by water taxi? Or that you can swim off beaches the colour of candyfloss? Is there a downside? That depends on how you feel about getting around in a golf buggy!’ – ‘The Independent.’
- A short walk from the terrace is a restaurant which has been recognized as being one of the finest in the Bahamas.
- The beach bar and lounge is also a great place to go for lunch or a mid-day snack.
- Rates are nightly & do not include meals.
- Rates are subject to a 19% additional tax/resort fee & service charge.
- Three-night minimum stay required, except during the Christmas/New Year holiday, which has a 7 night minimum.
- Closed the months of September & October.
Low Season: 3rd November - 23rd December
USD $700 per night.
High Season: 24th December - 30th April
USD $900 per night.
Low Season: 1st May - 16th December
USD $700 per night.
Check flights from wherever you are with Simply Caribe's Flight Search:
SEARCH FLIGHTS NOW
The Bahamas have two major airports, at Nassau on the New Providence Island (Lynden Pindling International Airport) and at Freeport on the Grand Bahama Island (Grand Bahama International Airport), with several smaller airports on other islands.
From the US
Direct flights to Nassau are available from several US cities including Miami, Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, New York, and Washington on American Eagle, Delta Airlines and others.
Direct flights to Freeport are available from Atlanta, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami on American Eagle, US Airways and others.
From the UK
Direct flights to Nassau are available from London Heathrow on BA.
No direct flights to Freeport from the UK.
A. Lynden Pindling International Airport, New Providence,
B. Grand Bahama International Airport, Freeport:
View large map
Feel this might just be the one? Then please fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly with detailed pricing and availability.
Not sure if this is exactly what you need? Our specialist team is here to help. Just send us an enquiry specifying what you are looking for and we’ll help you select the best villa for you.